Tuesday, 10 May 2011

about fashion and style

“fashion fades. only style remains”
Coco Chanel




Coco Chanel in Roquebrune/ Côte d’Azur in the 1930s
Dita von Teese at the Coachella Festival/ California

between fashion and poetry

my inspiration for this spring is based on a link a friend of mine posted lately. It was the trailer to a movie about the French singer and poet Serge Gainsbourg by Joann Sfar.
I have to admit that I have a passion for France and I like the myth of the Côte d’Azur of the 30s till 60s.

I found this topic in several collections and want to show two of them.
One is the Finnish fashion label IVANAhelsinki, which introduces the collection of the designer Paola Suhonen with a poem:

“where the fuck is my sailor?
Someone out there
you wait to return
Someone the sea stole
Someone that hasn’t yet found home.”


IVANAhelsinki spring/ summer 2011

The designer herself describes her collections as “small ballads with charming, soulful and savy tones”. I like her prints of nautical motives and the fresh colours.

After a long cold winter, I need colours.
Another example is the designer Silvie Jungbluth from Hamburg. Her Rock N’ Roll collection is a funny mixture of Rockabilly, Sailor chick and a hint of fetish. I fell in love with the dotted corsage.

Jungbluth Design – Rock N’ Roll Collection

No comments: