Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Midnight in Paris

I have just seen Woody Allen's new movie "Midnight in Paris" and found it brilliant. Probably everyone has wondered at least once in a lifetime how it would be to live in a different century and meet one's idols of that time. 
And the myth of Paris has always attracted poets, painters and other artists. (Even the finnish Goth N' Roll band "The 69 Eyes" has dedicated the city a record with the title "Paris kills".)



The maincharacter's ideal Paris is set in the 20s. And who could resist the rough charm of Ernest Hemingway and the temperament of Pablo Picasso? Wouldn't it be nice to dance Charleston in a fancy dress and listen to Cole Porter?

But why not, my friends and I have decided, it's time for a 20s party! And I have the perfect dress... but I will show it later. First I will explore Paris on my own!

No comments: