Tuesday, 25 October 2011

business look for men

I have already asked once, what to wear in office life and I found some inspiration for women from Iceberg. 
But what should men wear? I guess we women have it a bit easier as we are obviously the peacocks of our species and a men who dares to differ from the mass is watched with sceptic. Is man allowed to be fashionable? I would say yes!!!
The question is how do we like our men to look like? -Elegant, sporty, masculine? What is the colour palette? What different cuts and materials are there to choose from? And what kind of accessoires should men wear? A lot of questions... so I had a look around and would like to show you some examples.


_the elegant look 
I have choosen two examples from Gucci which I like because of their colour play. The first suit is black and the accents are created by the petrol shirt and a tie in the complementary colour purple. In the second outfit suit and tie are matching and the light grey gets some freshness through the pink shirt.


                          
Gucci
Fall/ Winter 2011






















_a little bit of macho
Other good examples I found from Salvatore Ferragamo. His collection is a bit more masculine and in some cases even a bit macho. I liked in those two examples the variaton of shades. The first outfit is very light in beige and white and the second one plays with different shades of blue. Both are elegant and a bit more sporty.

                         
Salvatore Ferragamo
Fall/ Winter 2011



_all about pattern
I guess most people are a bit afraid of patterns. But here are again two nice examples from Gucci. The outfits are very similar in their colours as the main theme is black and white. The pattern breaks the severeness of those strong contrasts. And this summer look even works without a tie. But I do feel a little envy about the red bag!


                        
Gucci
Spring/ Summer 2012






















Salvatore Ferragamo is not so carefull with the use of patterns. He uses strong colours and bold stripes to create a new Al Capone look in dark green and rust brown.


                        
Salvatore Ferragamo
Fall/ Winter 2011




_asseccoires
Especially in the examples by Gucci, the slightly "old-fashioned" handkerchief plays a big role and experiences a rejuvenation in striking colours and patterns. You might have also noticed that the ties are used here without any pattern.

                        
Gucci
Fall/ Winter 2011






















I have to admit that I am now a bit more intrigued in men's wear and I will continue my search, because at the weekend we went with these images in mind through my friends closet and found some suprisingly good matches, we have never been thinking of before. 



No comments: