Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Copenhagen favourites

Regarding Scandinavian Design Denmark and Finland are my favourite countries, because of their elegance and creativity. 
I was just on a little holiday in Copenhagen and here are my favourite designers.


by Malene Birger
For clothing, I liked Malene Birger with a very feminine and elegant collection. I have bought a striped shirt there which somehow reminded me of Coco Chanel. I have seen couple of beautiful dresses in 20's style with sequins and pearls, a lot of lace and simple colour contrasts in black and white.

Also elegant, but with a hint of ethno touch, are the clothes from Munthe plus Simonsen, which also have a home collection with nice accessoires and pillows. 
But unfortunately the bag is never big enough!

Norman Copenhagen
Then there are a lot of Danish furniture classics. One big name in architecture and design is Arne Jacobsen who was very active in the 60s and who is famous for his chairs. 
But I also especially like Muuto Design and Norman Copenhagen for their playfull modern design. I actually have one of the lamps in the picture in my living room.

No comments: