Saturday, 3 March 2012

pin-up dress workshop part I: topic jungle fever

I have conquered the kitchen and declared it my sewing workshop for this weekend...

me cutting out first parts for my dress to be
I mentioned before that I feel tempted to make my own perfect pin-up dress and was amazed how much vintage sewing pattern one can actually find...


First jungle fever sketches: let's call them Josephine and Faye

But for my first project, I have chosen two styles based on Butterick Retro patterns which are easily available and not too expensive. The fabric in both styles is from Alexander Henry.

fabrics and tools
And this is what you need: around 2,5m fabric for the Josephine dress, a 45cm long zipper, hooks and eyes and the challenge begins...
I will continue working on my prototype now to check the sizing, but I keep you updated.


No comments: