Friday, 16 March 2012

two movies - two styles

I am having a little holiday up in the North and it's, beneath a lot of nice things, also dedicated to watch a lot of movies, so yesterday I went to the cinema to finally watch "The Artist".

                             
                                The Artist
W./E. by Madonna
The movie is a homage to the silent movies of the late 20s and is done in the same style without any spoken dialogue. The movie takes us to Hollywood in 1927, the turning point in the movie industry which discovered the sound, to tell us the story of the rise and fall of two actors and their interlinked destinies.
George Valentin is a silent movie superstar. The advent of the talkies will sound the death knell for his career as he refuses to adapt to the changing surroundings. For young Peppy Miller, who takes the challenge, it seems only the sky is the limit - major movie stardom awaits.


I was surprised that even some tough guys I know where very positive about the movie and my man whispered during the movie that he likes the outfits and asked if it becomes a fashion trend. And yes I have seen already dresses like the ones gorgeous Peppy Miller is wearing. That's why I want to show you my favorite looks of her.




Another great movie I can't wait to se is "W.E." by Madonna. 
W.E. tells the story of two fragile but determined women – Wally Winthrop and Wallis Simpson – separated for more than six decades. Lonely Wally Winthrop is obsessed with what she thinks is the ultimate love story: King Edward VIII's abdication of the British throne for the woman he loved, American divorcĂ©e Wallis Simpson. Weaving back and forth in time, the film intertwines Wally's journey of discovery in New York with the story of Wallis and Edward, from the glamorous early days of their romance to the slow unraveling of their lives. As Wally learns more about the sacrifices Wallis made in choosing to be with Edward, she finds the courage to follow her own heart and create her own happiness.



The movie was nominated for the best costumes and for a good reason in my opinion. I have collected for you my favorite images.

                    



Enjoy watching and finding your favorite style!

No comments: