Saturday, 11 August 2012

Scandinavian Chic by Malene Birger

I woke up today with the message from my lovely man sending me a picture of an outfit he liked. 
Funny enough I was holding the dress with the same pattern just two days ago in my hands, so I thought it's time for an update of Malene Birger's autumn winter collection.


spotted on Stockholm airport
The brand by Malene Birger comes from Denmark and is one of my favorites among the Scandinavians. But have a look yourself, I have collected some nice styles for you:

           
Look 1
Look 2

























          
Look 3
Look 4

























The variety in the collection reaches from detailed evening dresses with lace, sequins and embroideries to elegant casual wear with a feminine touch. The choice of material is always luxury and the cuts elegant with a hint of Scandinavian understatement which is so typical for the North. 


          
Look 5
Look 6
          
Look 7
Look 8
One of my favorite pieces is definitely the tiger pullover and the paisley dress in pure 60's style. But have also a look at the accessories. I just found an amazing "necklace" made of leather with a golden lion. You can see it in the second picture. 

          
Look 9
Look 10

          
Look 11
Look 12

























And as we are talking already about tiger and lions, there is more animal print in the collection to admire for example in bright blue. In general I like the use of bright colors for the autumn and in the current collection earthy shades are combined with a soft mint ,bright blue and yellow; just to brighten up your mood on a grey November day.


No comments: