I have tried to collect some typical recipes from the places we have traveled this summer as a culinary souvenir. One of these souvenirs is the zuppa inglese, we have tried in Bologna.
3 fresh eggs
2 packages vanilla sugar
4 tbsp flour
1/2 l milk
150g candied fruit
150g lady fingers biscuits
1. separate the eggs into egg white and egg yolk and mix the egg yolk together with sugar, 1 package of vanilla sugar, flour and milk
2. heat the egg mix in a pot until it gets a thick cream. stir well and be careful and don't let it boil! (approx 10 minutes). Let it cool.
3. beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully mix under the egg cream
4. chop the fruits into small bits and mix 100g of them under the egg cream
5. take a square form and fill it with one layer of the biscuits, soak them with the liquer and top with the egg cream. Repeat until cream and biscuits are gone.
6. whip the cream together with one package of vanilla sugar and use as a final layer for the zuppa inglese, decorate with the remaining fruits and cool in the fridge for 2 hours.