Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Anna Calvi - a virtuoso on the guitar

Sometimes I am in mood to explore new music and so I came across Anna Calvi who is famous for her intense guitar playing and seductive live performance. As a virtuoso on the guitar she said that she tries to create the sounds of other instruments through her guitar. And as passionate as she plays her guitar, are also her songs, full of emotions, seductiveness, darkness and romantic.

Anna Calvi
But let's listen for a moment. I have chosen three songs, "Sing to me" from her new record "One Breath" which was released on 7th of October, a live performance of the cover version of "Jezebel" (originally written by Wayne Shanklin and made famous by Frankie Laine and French chanteuse Edith Piaf in 1951) and "Suzanne & I" from her debut record "Anna Calvi".

Enjoy! and check out her tour dates as well, she might come to your town as well!


Jezebel


Sing to me



Suzanne and I

No comments: