Korvapuusti you have with every coffee here in Finland, but as they smell of cinnamon and cardamom, I thought they also fit perfectly for a pre-christmas coffee.
for the dough:
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 dl sugar
1 tblsp cardamom
18 dl flour
150 g melted butter
1. mix the lukewarm milk with sugar and cardamom and let the yeast solve
2. mix flour and salt in a big bowl and make a hole in the middle to pour in the milk mix
3. start to kneet the dough and add the butter slowly
4. when you got an even dough let it rest for approximately one hour at a warm place.
5. preheat the oven to 225 - 250°C
for the filling:
4 tblsp butter
2 tblsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tblsp flour
6. roll out the dough into a 5mm rectangular layer and spread the butter evenly on top of it
7. mix the sugar, cinnammon and flour and spread on the butter
8. roll the dough and cut into slices
9. press them together in the middle
for the topping:
10. spread egg and pearl sugar on the buns and let them bake for approximately 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
Type O Negative - Cinnamon Girl