Sunday, 5 January 2014

cruise - new trends for the new season

Although we haven't got any real snow yet, the first spring looks are already out there and let us dream of brighter days and sunshine. I always follow with excitement what the new season brings. All those new colors and patterns! And here are my favorite cruise trends.

One of my favorite collection is from Prabal Gurung. The season starts with flower prints and applications and strong color contrasts in black and white or red and blue. I also like the skirt shapes with the shorter front details and precise tailoring. Very feminine and beautiful silhouettes.

            
                Prabal Gurung #1
Prabal Gurung #2

           
    Prabal Gurung #3
Prabal Gurung #4




           
           Prabal Gurung #5
Prabal Gurung #6






































































Fresh and playful is the collection of See by Chloé with bright yellow and bold denim looks. The patterns remind of the 1960s and one of my favorite styles is the playsuit in pinafore style.

           
See by Chloé #1
See by Chloé #2



          
See by Chloé #3
See by Chloé #4

























          
See by Chloé #5
See by Chloé #6















































Also Chanel takes a casual approach to the new season. The cruise collection is influenced by different kind of sports and their typical outfits or uniforms. My favorite looks combine casual with elegance like the white coats combined with trousers in ethno prints.

          
Chanel #1
Chanel #2

          
Chanel #3
Chanel #4

          
Chanel #5
Chanel #6


The cruise collection of Dsquared2 is a combination of late 60s silhouettes in safari style with a lot of black leather and femininity.

          
Dsquared2 #1
Dsquared2 #2

























          
Dsquared2 #3
Dsquared2 #4



          
Dsquared2 #5
Dsquared2 #6

























Another great collection is the Dior collection. I have to admit, at the beginning I was a bit sceptic about the new designer in the house. But I think I start to understand Raf Simons design language now and he created some really beautiful and modern looks. And I like the combination of materials in the layered looks and the simple but asymmetric cuts which create a new tension.

          
Dior #1
Dior #2



          
Dior #3
Dior #4

























          
Dior #5
Dior #6















































You might know already that I love prints, bold prints and I think my favorite combination of print and silhouettes comes this time from Peter Pilotto. The combination of a peplum top with a pencil skirt is very classy and I really like those flower and geometric prints which bring a lot of lightness into the styles. Especially the last look in orange and blue reminds me also of African prints.

          
Peter Pilotto #1
Peter Pilotto #2




          
Peter Pilotto #3
Peter Pilotto #4

























          
Peter Pilotto #5
Peter Pilotto #6

























Another great collection regarding prints is the one by Mary Katrantzou, my personal queen of prints, every season I am curious to see what she has chosen. I especially like those window prints which give a nice contrast to the flowers.

          
Mary Katrantzou #1
Mary Katrantzou #2



          
Mary Katrantzou #3
Mary Katrantzou #4

























          
Mary Katrantzou #5
Mary Katrantzou #6


























Are you also looking forward to the spring?


No comments: