After a little break I am back with a couple of nice recipes I would like to share with you as they are easy and rather healthy. There are for example my favorite Arabian dishes I have learned from friends, my favorite Indian curries and my latest Vietnamese experiments.
I am a big fan of mediterranean food as for example Italian, French and also Middle Eastern, because of the fresh ingredients and the balanced dishes using a lot of vegetables and just small amounts of meat. Interesting is also Asian food because of the different ingredients and the exotic spices.
My first recipe of the month comes from Italy and is called frittata agli asparagi, which is basically an omelette with asparagus and spinach which I just had as a small lunch.
ingredients for 3-4:
400g green asparagus
2 cloves of garlic
50 g spinach
4 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper
1. Cut off the dry ends of the asparagus and cut them into 1cm long pieces. Chop the onions and garlic.
2. Add half of the olive oil in a frying pan, wait until hot and fry onions, garlic and the asparagus for 5 minutes.
3. Add the spinach and wait until it folds together and put everything to the side.
4. Take a bowl and mix the eggs together with salt and pepper, add the vegetables
5. Heat the pan again with the rest of the olive oil (cleaning not needed) and add the whole mix into the pan.
6. Let the frittata fry for 10 minutes on low heat.
7. Now comes the slightly tricky part: turning the frittata!
Let it carefully slide to a big plate, put the pan upside down on top of it and turn everything using oven gloves.
8. After you have managed this, let it fry for another 3 minutes and enjoy!
And that's how it looks like when ready, it fits also nicely to a relaxed Sunday brunch!