Sunday, 29 June 2014

let the adventure begin

_day 1
Finally holidays and ready for the (fashion) adventure. Let's emphasize the word fashion at this point, because last time I have written that I am ready for adventures, I was still at the airport waiting for my luggage as the part of the terminal had to be evacuated... so after a little chaos at the beginning, I found the way to my new home for the next five weeks.
But just a short break to gasp for air after climbing up the stairs to the 4th floor and off to go shopping again, before the shops close. I have a big material list for my first course which starts tomorrow, so I dived straight into the famous fabric district of Montmartre, in high speed hoping in the rain from one shop to the other.

                          



_day 2
The apartment is tiny, but very lovely. And from my street you can actually see the top of the dome of Sacre Coeur. So today in the morning, I took a nice walk to explore my neighborhood and buy some food. It was a nice atmosphere despite the light drizzle. The first tourists arrived and the cafés were just about to open and there was this nice smell of fresh bread in the air when you passed one of the bakeries.


And look what I have found: les tartes au citron. I couldn't decide if with meringue or without, so I took them both.


After my little exploration tour, I know now where the nearest bakery is, the nearest wine shop and if I should ever get tired of my hair, I have seen now also at least ten shops which offer solutions for this problem...


Highlight of the day was the amazing exhibition of Dries van Noten's inspirations. I have seen it already on pictures, but it's just amazing to see the pieces of the collections next to their inspirations. Besides paintings, sculptures and movies, there are also vintage dresses by Christian Dior, Chanel, Elsa Schiaparelli and Balenciaga which make one's heart beat a bit faster.


No comments: