1 hokkaido squash (1-1,5kg)
3 spring onions
5 cm ginger
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp kurkuma
2 tbsp olive oil
roasted pumpkin seeds
yogurt, crème fraîche or cream cheese
1. Slice the squash into 5cm pieces. If you take the hokkaido squash you don't need to remove the skin, just take out the seeds and the fibrous meat around them. Then cut all other vegetables including the ginger into small pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a big pot and add the vegetables. Fry shortly from all sides and add approximately 1,5 liter of water.
3. Add kurkuma, chili and salt. Let it boil until the squash is soft (approx. 20 minutes)
4. Use a blender to get a smooth consistency of the soup.
5. Serve with yogurt, crème fraîche or cream cheese and sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds and some chili flakes.